Monday, April 7, 2008

Change tomorrow? Change today!

Working on the film 'Changing Tomorrow' was an exciting new experience for me in a number of ways. From the creative challenge of conceiving of and delivering a positive message addressing the issues of climate change and our potential impact on the future, to the discovery of just how many people in the world today are making personal changes and commitments for the betterment of their communities and future generations.

Now is an extremely exciting time to be alive given the magnitude of the challenges and opportunities that we face. Our individual and collective contributions to changing tomorrow are essential to bringing about lasting and critically important change in the course of human history.

For my part, I've already changed the thermostat settings in my house, replaced 14 light bulbs (!), and written one letter to the editor of my local newspaper (Athens Banner Herald) and to each of the current presidential contenders. I'm riding my bike. I'm putting my money into socially and environmentally responsible companies. And I'm talking to people about what's important to me!

No comments: