Sunday, April 20, 2008

Increase my Household Water Audit score by 5 points

Even though 70% of our earth is covered in water, less than one percent of it is available for our daily needs. As the Circle of Blue organization says it, "If all the world's water were to fit inside 100 glasses, the supply available to humanity would not fill three quarters of one glass." That's a small amount to share between 6.6 billion people!

How do you score on water savings? Spend two minutes taking the Family Water Audit to learn how your usage stacks up. If you make it to the top tier, you're already saving hundreds of gallons of water each month - not to mention the savings on your water bill. At the end of your audit, click on the "easy ways to save" links to explore more than 100 tips for conserving one of our most vital resources.

Despite my super score of 30 points, I know I'm a water hog when it comes to showering. Ripple Products inspired me with their fun line of shower timers, but I bet I can make my own using an extra timer from the game closet or the kitchen.

I'm committed to boosting my water audit score by 5 points, and I'm challenging you to beat me! Post your 'before' and 'after' scores below and show off your water-saving strategies in our Flickr photo pool.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I dominated! I was a 28, but that is because they didn't ask how much I drink each day. Lucky for me.